Friday, February 25, 2011

Zombie Mom

It has been about a month now where Bryan and I have been getting up every hour of the night to get Tristan to go back to sleep. Bryan will bounce him/rock him and I will nurse him. I'm exhausted, and I'm a total bitch. I honestly do not know how I even function. Just call me Zombie Mom.

He was better as a newborn! He would wake up once to eat and fall back to sleep. I do not know what the hell happened. His bed time routine has never changed. He is even eating solids now, I thought that was supposed to help! This child, true to his nick name is a little monkey. He moves and tumbles all over the crib and thus wakes himself up and is incapable of putting himself back to sleep.

I hope, like everything else this is just a phase. But I don't think I can handle it for much longer. I would kill for a four hour stretch of sleep. What is a mom supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment