Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Origin of the Title

For awhile now I have been contemplating creating a blog. To share the joys and struggles of being a mommy to my beautiful baby boy Tristan. A place where I can share all the ups and downs that come with mommyhood. And maybe, just maybe, I will find other mommies out there experiencing the same.

So I decided on January 1st to do the 365... a picture a day challenge. I picture every day of my little man. I am super excited to see how much he changes over the next year, it goes way too fast. Anyway, on January 24th I posted a picture I had taken late in the evening. It was a Monday, and Monday's are always hard for me to get a picture because I work all day. I didn't remember until I got home, after another horrific car ride where my son cried the entire way home. Of course there are tears in his eyes, and his face is all red. A friend of mine that I had spent a semester with at UCD and haven't seen since Maria Zalessky commented "I love this one!" I replied "He had just spent twenty minutes screaming and crying in the car lol." It was then she followed up with "Always darkest before the dawn..." It was a comment that really hit home for me, because she is right. I remember reading her post as tears flowed down my face thinking "it's just a phase, and next thing you know is will be over and you will be wondering where the time went."

1 comment:

  1. Britt - so excited to read your blog. I love the name!

    My personal blog is http://leapsandbrowns.blogspot.com and my organizing blog is http://delightfullyorganized.blogspot.com

    I look forward to keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete