Sunday, August 14, 2011

Smash Cake!

Baby T had his smash cake photo session today! It was soooo much fun despite all the bumps in the road.

First off the photographer told me two days ago that they randomly shut down her studio so we had to quickly move the session outside. Slight panic attack on my end because I always envisioned it with the plain white background. She was able to find an example of an outdoor session which I fell in love with and I was soon breathing again.

I went to order a smash cake from King Soopers. I had heard they give free smash cakes. Well come to find out yes they do but only with the purchase of a big cake. I do not need a big cake. Tristan's Aunties were kind enough to buy him a tiny smash cake (Thank you Aunties!)

This morning one of Tristan's Aunties went to pick up the cake and IT WASN'T DECORATED! The lady said the decorator doesn't come in til 10:30. Our photo session was at 10:30. I told his Auntie to bring it to my house. Thank God I had a tub of frosting and blue food coloring. I threw on a simple decoration. It wasn't at all elaborate or what I had envisioned but at least we had a cake.

Last but not least we get to the park and my cake was melting! Stupid summer heat. Couldn't anything go right with this photo session?

Above all Tristan had fun and we enjoyed watching him play in his cake. Here is a sneak peek of his shoot today.


No comments:

Post a Comment