Friday, August 12, 2011

Breaking Free From The Chains Of Society

You are going to look at me and think I am a "bad" mom. You are going to look at my son and think he is a "bad" baby, "spoiled," and "out of control." I am going to look at you and think you are a f*cking idiot.

I am tired of people trying to fit my "square" son into societies "round" box. No matter what you do, he isn't gonna fit, I promise! He doesn't sleep through the night, he doesn't nap in his crib (or anywhere but my arms for that matter,) he is very vocal and will scream and cry often. He doesn't fit YOUR image of a perfect baby. He doesn't fit SOCIETIES image of the perfect baby. But he is MY perfect baby. While you sit there and judge me on these few things that make up a perfect baby in this f*cked up society let me tell you what you should be realizing about my son.

He has been standing with assistance since 3 months old.

He has been saying "dadada" since 4 months old.

He has been walking with our assistance since 10 months old.

He has been able to find your nose since 11 months old.

He knows "kitty." He will "meow" not only at our cat but at any cat he sees. This includes the tv, pictures, books, magnets etc.

The kids smart, too smart to play by societies rules. And because I chose to nurture these attributes that are against societal norms don't be thinking I am a bad mom. Some of the greatest people in history went against everything that was the norm to break free the chains that confine us to one idea or opinion. Maybe, just maybe one day you will find Tristan's name among them in the history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment