Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fine Art

I like to see myself as maybe Da Vinci, and the party I throw the Mona Lisa. I am an artist skilfully planning and executing a perfect party. Each brushstroke completing and enhancing a beautiful masterpiece. Am I crazy? Yes, yes I am.

I am pretty sure Tristan doesn't care that the plates are Caribbean blue and the streamers are Ice blue, but it drives Mommy BONKERS! Yep, I go crazy because of the slightest change in pigment.

ME: "Yes I know they look almost identical in this light but if you take them out into the sun it's like day and night!"

SANE PERSON:"But Brittnie it's going to be inside anyway."

ME: (Insert crazy scary party monster here) "BUT the sun WILL hit them at 2:38PM and then the world will see they are two different blues!"

That is the kind of crazy I am. But weren't some of the best artists crazy too? From cutting their own ears off to trying to own Neverland, most artists have some quirk that makes them nuts.

At least my crazy doesn't involve blood or changing skin color.





SEE I TOLD YOU THEY WERE DIFFERENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment