Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Top 5 Positive Characteristics of My High Needs Baby

Since I am struggling today with the "why me's" on having a high needs baby , I thought I should try to find the positive in Tristan.

1. He knows exactly what he wants, and doesn't give up.
 He is not indecisive and doesn't need me to tell him what he needs or wants.

2. He gives everything he has and doesn't hold back, including his love.
Whether it's extreme pleasure from walking or extreme anger when I take a toy away. 

3. He can read your feelings.
One night we were sitting in his room. He was playing and I was watching. I was upset and started crying, and then bawling. He crawled up to my lap. I lifted him up over my shoulder and just hysterically cried and rocked his little body. He just laid his head on shoulder not moving a muscle letting me comfort myself with in his embrace. If you know my son, you know he never sits still. It was one of the best moments of my life.

4. He lives for the moment. 
He doesn't care what happened this morning and he doesn't care about what is coming next. All he cares about is the right now. This toy or that hug or Harry the Bunny.

5. He easily adapts to new things, people and environments. 
He soaks up everything about this world. He can go anywhere and be with anyone and tries to absorb everything around him. 


So while yes I have a difficult high needs baby, he is so full of spirit and love that I really should not concentrate on the negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment