Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Half Birthday Tristan!

Happy Half Birthday to my beautiful baby boy! No, I do not plan on celebrating his half birthdays for the rest of his life, but this is a huge milestone! Not only for Tristan, but for mommy and daddy too because we have made it this far. Tristan celebrated his half birthday by actually sleeping last night! Instead of his usual 8-10 awakenings in the middle of the night, Tristan only had 4! That's right, 4 awakenings. I had a very lovely 4 hour stretch of sleep and it was AMAZING! So I guess really Happy Half Birthday to me!

So I wanted to celebrate the day by pondering over what all I have learned in the last 6 months about being a mom.

1. A mother's love for a child is unbreakable bond held together by something more powerful than any natural and super natural thing on this earth and beyond.

2. I can accomplish ANYTHING no matter how hard it is if I only I stay determined to do it. (i.e. Natural Birth.)

3. No matter how tired you get, worn down you get, or drained you get somehow someway you always find just enough energy and strength to do whatever it is that needs to be done for your baby. 

4. No matter what I do in life. If I ever end up graduating college, finding the perfect career, get rich, become poor, move to a far away city, travel etc I will ALWAYS have a purpose in life and that is to be the best mother I can for my son.

5. I think there is some verse in the Bible that states "For everything there is a season." (Sorry to those who actually know the Bible if this is wrong in any way and I don't want to offend any one.) I saw it on a 7th Heaven episode once. Everything is a phase, and it ebbs and flows. This too shall pass.

6. Multi-Tasking becomes your middle name, and your find yourself wishing you were an octopus. 

7. Watching my husband become a father has been the utmost amazing thing I have ever seen. From the first time he held baby Tristan (which was before me by the way,) to every time he sings to him now before bed. All I can do is look forward to the many more amazing father/son moments in their future.

8. Everything is new again, you are watching the world from a new set of eyes.

9. Innocence is beautiful.

10. Becoming a mom is the best thing I have ever done.

I am sure there are tons more. Those are just the ones that stick out to me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment