Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Overnight Transformation

I have known for awhile now that Tristan is starting to look less like a baby and more like a little boy. I would see hints of it here and there. His facial features in pictures, when he would stand against our sliding glass door, and as he walked. However, it wasn't until today that I came to the realization that my baby isn't a baby anymore and I experienced this flash forward of the little boy he is becoming.

We were at an autocare shop getting my cars AC recharged ( THANK GOD! this heat is ridiculous) and Tristan was pushing his toy car ACROSS the floor. Like pushing it while crawling with it. I mean no more just pushing it back and forth while sitting in one place. The car and him were both going. Yep that is when it hit me like ice cold water. OH MY GOD! I thought. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

You know they say when you die your life flashes before your eyes? Well this is what I experienced at that moment. Tristan's life up until that point flashed before my eyes. It was like the death of his babyhood and a new chapter in his life...toddlerhood. It scared the shit out of me. I don't know if I am ready, but are you ever? 

I feel like I need visuals to help you understand what went through my head today. Got to love trusty Google image search.

This is how I viewed Tristan YESTERDAY (or even this morning if you will):



This is how I saw Tristan TODAY:


Crazy isn't it? I still can't wrap my head around it.

Well here's to a new chapter in my son's life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment