Monday, July 18, 2011

Girls Are Ugly And They Stink

Growing up my dad always asked me "Why do girls put on make up and wear perfume?" Of course, at 8,9,10 years old I had no idea. "Why dad?" "Because they are ugly and they stink," he would reply. So growing up this was always in the back of my head. Being the hard-headed girl I am, I was determined to prove to my dad that girls could be pretty and smell good WITH OUT make up and perfume. With out knowing it, my dad did wonders for my self-esteem.

I can say now that I go out confidently with out make up. I don't have to spend forever doing my hair, applying make up, and finding "my scent." I do not NEED these material things to be who I am, to feel good with who I am. Am I saying I don't feel more beautiful with make up on? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Or I don't feel more confident wearing perfume? HELL NO! I love the way I feel wearing make up and a spritz of Vixen body spray from Victoria's Secret.

But that doesn't mean I hate who I am al' natural.

It really is a beautiful place to be...you should try it one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment