Monday, February 20, 2012

A Poem

I wrote this poem for my Intro To Creative Writing Class and it just makes me smile so I thought I would share it because I am pretty sure a lot of moms can relate.




At first it is just a faint noise far off into the distance
of my current dream
It brings me somewhat back to reality
I am trapped between two worlds
the dream world and the real world

I continue to dream but find myself on edge
in my current state
Listening intently on what is going on around me
in the real world
But still continuously playing the dream with in my head

There...there it is
It is exactly what I was listening for
DUCK!
Duck, the first word of the day
The first of many that my 17 month old son will utter today

And I am awakened
Time to start a new day
It time to be mom
or mommy
or mama
or "WHAAAAAAAA"
Depending on what mood he wakes up in today.

But I think today will be a good day
How can I tell you ask?

Because DUCK means a good day
and when given the choice of
duck or "WHAAAAAA"

I will take duck any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment