Thursday, December 27, 2012

Did You See Me In The Store?

Did you see me in the store? I am the mom with a screaming and crying toddler on the floor who refuses to listen to anything I say.

Did you see me in the store? I am the mom whose toddler is 15 feet in front of her running away as fast as he can, while looking back laughing as I try to catch up with hopes that no one steals my purse that so abruptly I left in my cart.

Did you see me in the store? I am the mom whose toddler just knocked down whatever display he could get his hands on. Or just recently who tried to climb the floral print bike at Target and tumbled down.

Did you see me in the store? I am the mom whose child is violently shaking back and forth screaming because I put him the cart thinking he just might not get in trouble there.

I am sure you saw me, and I am sure you judged me.

Shopping with a Spirited toddler is not fun. Anytime I see a mom in these same situations I try to look and give her a knowing smile, or walk up to her and say "hey you are doing a great job." Because us mom of Spirited toddlers need that kind of support. And do not judge a book by it's cover. These kiddos seems like little terrors in the store, but they are WAY more than what they seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment